Drones Really Are OK!
What is this thing and why am I flying it around?
I do this for fun, I am committed to safety and I have no desire to intrude on anyones privacy.
I fly only where it is legally permitted and obey all applicable rules and regulations.
If you are interested and would like to know more I would be very happy to discuss it with you.
If you have a concern, please do me the courtesy of discussing it with me (after I have landed).
While I am flying please keep a safe distance from me and do not attempt to approach the copter.
Flying a Quadcopter is Enjoyable and Rewarding
A Hobby Quadcopter
- Chances are I am flying something that works like this.
- Changing all motor speeds at once changes altitude.
- Changing motor pair speeds determines direction of motion.
- Motor speeds also affect the direction the copter is facing.
- Quadcopters require a stabilizing controller to be able to fly.
- The copter at right has a Sport camera for photography.
- Some Quadcopters have FPV (First Person View) cameras.
- FPV can provide a virtual on-board piloting experience.
- Sport and FPV Cameras are wide angle with no telephoto.
- They are useful for fun flying and scenic photography.
- The cameras are not at all suitable for peeping or spying.
- Operated responsibly Quadcopters are not a hazard.
- I always fly at a safe and respectful distance from people.
What can we do with our UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles)?
A Real Photo From a Quadcopter
- This is representative of the photos we actually take.
- The panoramic vistas are very popular with photographers.
- There are a lot of really positive uses for our little UAVs.
- In search and rescue UAVs provide a great perspective.
- In disasters victims can be found and supplies dropped in.
- Lifeguard watch and rescue float drop are being evaluated.
- Fire spotting and oil field, phone and power line inspection.
- Journalists will provide clearer views of unfolding events.
- Agricultural crop assessment has huge economic benefits.
- Quadcopters are great fun and a great way to start.
- Learn to fly with a inexpensive toy then try a camera or FPV.
- I appreciate your interest and hope you will join us.
To learn more or get involved go to the www.dronesarefun.com or www.diydrones.com web site.